I know...I know...I'm soooo behind in blogging. It is labor day weekend and my last post was memorial day weekend...seriously? Well, I have a few drafts I will be editing and putting in a little later. I have just been so busy, and blogging falls to the waist side.
On with my story~ the other night, before we went camping for the weekend, tuga the sea turtle episode came on t.v. Aynslee loves "tuduls" so she was excited....but for me, I have been missing my sweet Ava here lately and this was just another reminder of something that she absolutely loved and is not here to enjoy. Tuga the Sea Turtle....one of her favorite episodes on Diego. I stopped, and I remembered. Her last day on this earth, at the zoo, she wanted to ride the tiger. Half way through the carousel, she spotted a sea turtle and said, "mama, I wanna ride tuga the leatherback sea turtle". haha.....what a little vocabulary for a 27 month old. huh? Smart little cookie! Anyways, I told her we had to stay on the tiger, and that maybe we could come back later and ride tuga, or maybe the "next time". Well, there was no "next time", and why didn't I just ride it twice and let her ride tuga I will never know. Another regret that I will hold on too forever.
She would run into the living room...little feet pattering down the hall...."mama, mama, tuga's on". In this little episode, I see so much...the ordinary moments of a "normal" day. Oh my love for that girl. I sure do miss you sweet Ava. I hope in Heaven, you get to see lots of leatherback sea turtles "tuga's".


No comments:
Post a Comment