Sunday, May 15, 2011

"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.” And he worshiped the LORD there." 1 Samuel 1:27-28

Today we dedicated our precious Aynslee. It is such a special time for us; having one child in Heaven and one on this earth. We wrote a letter to Aynslee to be opened the day she is baptized. In a nut shell, it tells her that from this day forward we all "dedicated" ourselves to raising her in a Christian home (Eph 6:4), and that we will teach her the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ (1 Cor 15: 2-4). We pray that she shall learn His gospel (Gal 3:26) needed for her salvation and eternal life. We want all us to be a COMPLETE family one day in God's great heavenly kingdom. Here is the letter we wrote for her.


Here are a few pictures from the event. :)








I can just imagine little Ava hugging us tight in this picture. 

I love how they have the same "look" here. 

She didn't like her "fluffy" dress. We ended the dedicated "nakie". LOL




And our covenant from both Ava's dedication (4-20-2008) and Aynslee's (5-15-2011) was from Deuteronomy 6:5-7
" 5 You must love the Lord your God with your whole mind, your whole being, and all your strength. 6 These words I am commanding you today must be kept in mind, 7 and you must teach them to your children and speak of them as you sit in your house, as you walk along the road, as you lie down, and as you get up". 




And here is precious Ava (4-20-2008)...YES, April 20th is Aynslee birthday. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment