Sunday, January 9, 2011

sweet snow memories


Sometimes, I like to just write my memories down..so I have them somewhere..so one day I can print this blog and  have a record of my thoughts....and memories. Tonight, my thoughts are floating back a year ago...to the  snow days with Ava....for many of the snow days last year, Jim got to stay home and play with us too. He never did that before...usually, he drove in. This year, for some reason, he wanted to play with Ava in the snow. He said since I was 6-7 months pregnant, he wanted Ava to enjoy the snow..I am so thankful for these days and these sweet memories of my darling girl. She loved it (like everything else is life)...she was so amazed, so intrigued, so overjoyed about playing in the "snnnoooowwwww"

"look mommy, a snow ball"

She couldn't walk in it AT ALL! She would take a few steps and then fall down straight in the snow. You should have seen the pregnant mama trying to help her walk in all this snow. 


 Trying to walk in the snow.....step, step, step....

Daddy trying to help her "get up" 

Uh oh,  fell down!!!! 

These pictures are all different days...just snow days of 2010. But these "snow days"....they hold so much meaning to me now...because these days were my last days with Ava...my last 10 weeks with her before spring. These were my last memories spent with her...so now, a simple "snow day" brings my floating self down....Here are a few of her when she first saw the snow for this year...she thought is was the coolest stuff ever!


"Wow mommy, look"


Someone on facebook commented on this picture and said, "It looks like she thinks she won the lottery". Ava looked at everything in life that way. She was so happy, so full of love, so full of life, she loved it all. Everyday of her sweet, precious life, she loved!!!! Why can't we all learn from Ava and love like she did? 

Now, here are some of her building her "snow woman" with daddy. Now, those of you who know Jim, know that everything he does has to be absolutely PERFECT! This snow woman was just that...perfect! Ava had such a good time...and of course, she LOVED the snowman...so she tried to hug her. :) 





Trying to hug her snowman. 

Putting the heart on her. Just the right finishing touch Ava. :) 

Well, I need to go to bed...I'll post more tomorrow...I'll have plenty of time...it's snowing right now so NO SCHOOL TOMORROW! I heart my job! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment